Normal, Reasonable Business Use
Together Technology’s unlimited business service plans and features are for normal business use. Normal, reasonable use on Together Technology’s unlimited business plans must be in accordance with this Reasonable Use Policy, our Terms of Service and consistent with the types and levels of usage by typical customers on the same business calling plan. Unauthorized or excessive use beyond that normally experienced by typical business customers may create network congestion that will manifest itself in increased busy signals for themselves and others, and may result in service termination.
Impermissible Business Use
Each of the following is impermissible under Together Technology’s business unlimited plans and considered outside of normal or reasonable use:
- operating an outbound call centre,
- resale of telecommunications service to others,
- auto-dialling or fax/voice blasts,
- calling premium rate numbers with prefixes 09, 070, 084 and 087
- engaging in activities that generate minutes that result in revenue-sharing by customer,
- traffic without live dialog, including use as a monitor, intercom or for transcription purposes.
- Frequent or multiple calls to premium rate mobile numbers, international mobile numbers, or any calls to satellite or marine phone services.
Usage is considered excessive where average minutes per extension exceed 1000 per month. This means that, for example, a 20 extension system is considered in breach of acceptable use at over 20,000 minutes per month. If you are exceeding this volume of calls, Together Technology reserves the right to either move you to a call centre tariff, or metered billing. Where appropriate, Together Technology may use the following metrics to deem a service outside normal or reasonable use:
- unique numbers called;
- call lengths;
- call forwarding/transferring;
- conference calling;
- short duration calls;
- number of calls made during a month,
- number of calls made to a conference calling service during a month;
- number of calls made during business hours;
- number of calls terminated and re-initiated consecutively, which, in the aggregate, result in excessive call lengths during a specific time frame; or
- other abnormal calling patterns indicative of an attempt to evade enforcement of this Reasonable Use Policy.
You may not use our service or devices in any way that is illegal, fraudulent, improper or inappropriate. You may not use any automated means to manipulate our service or use our service to violate any law, rule, regulation or any third party’s intellectual property or personal rights.
We reserve the right to review your account and take further action, including, but not limited to, immediate suspension of your Together Technology service if account usage is beyond normal standards for typical customers on the same calling plan, impermissible or detrimental to other customers’ ability to use the service or adversely affects our operations. We may assess abnormal usage based on comparisons to the usage patterns and levels of our other customers on the same plan(s). If we determine that you are engaging in abnormal or impermissible usage, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to inform you and may provide you with the opportunity to correct the improper usage. If we afford you the opportunity to correct your abnormal usage patterns and you fail to immediately conform to normal use, we may exercise our right to transfer your service to a more appropriate plan, charge applicable rates for that plan, implement other limitations or suspend or terminate your service with or without notice. If we believe that our service has been used for an unlawful purpose or in violation of this acceptable use policy, we may immediately terminate your service with or without notice and/or forward the relevant communication and other information to the appropriate authorities for investigation and prosecution. We reserve all of our legal rights.
Together Technology reserves the right to change this Policy at any time. Changes shall become effective when a revised Policy is posted to Together Technology’s website.